In this holiday recipe heart-healthy quinoa combines with turkey sausage, ginger and greens to create a fantastic gluten-free stuffing that also makes a convenient and satisfying one-dish supper.
- In a large pot, place 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add sausage, onion, and salt over medium-high heat until the onions turn light brown - about 7-10 minutes.
- Add sage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cider, quinoa, ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ¾ cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork.
- Add chopped kale and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!