These natural DIY Lotion Bars are wonderful body moisturizers and also make a great gift! They’re perfect for shower favors, teacher appreciation or homemade gifts for any occasion.
- Combine everything EXCEPT essential oils in a glass bowl or glass jar (make sure it’s something you do not want to use for food in the future)
- Place glass bowl over a small saucepan with at least 1 inch of water in it and melt the ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly until they are completely melted.
- Have essential oil ready to go since the mixture will harden quickly. Turn heat to the lowest possible setting and add oils and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the mold of your choice (silicone baking molds are a great option or you can use cupcake liners in a regular cupcake tin as well).
- Allow filled molds to cool and harden until they can be popped out of the mold.
- Use as a moisturizing bar on the body - or they also make a great gift.
Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care. Do not exceed dilutions recommended for this recipe. For adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing. Not intended for use with pets. Discontinue and consult your healthcare practitioner if rash appears after skin contact.