Why save scrumptious pumpkin pie for the holiday season? Especially when you can have this delicious, sugar free, keto-friendly version any day of the year! When it’s time to treat yourself, treat yourself right with this keto pumpkin pie from Chef Suzy. The keto crust utilizes a strategic mixture of blanched almond flour and coconut flour to mimic the feel of a traditional flour crust without the carbs. The sweetness comes from a combination of our Organic 1 to 1 Monk Fruit Sweetener and Organic Vanilla Liquid Monk Fruit without any sugar in sight or any bitter aftertaste to worry about. This pumpkin pie is sure to please even the finickiest group of friends or family
Directions for Keto Pie Crust:
- In food processor add almond four, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and sea salt. Pulse until fully combined.
- Add butter and cream cheese, pulse for a few seconds until crumbly.
- Add egg and vinegar and pulse until dough just comes together.
- Place dough on cling wrap, flatten to ¼ inch thick, wrap, and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Slightly thaw frozen pie dough and place in 9” pie pan. Using fork, place small holes on the bottom of the pie dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Directions for Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- In a bowl, combine Organic Monk Fruit Sweetener, flaxmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- In a stand mixer, combine pumpkin puree, eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla monk fruit.
- Add dry ingredients to the stand mixer and combine until uniform.
- Pour pumpkin puree into par baked pie crust and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.