Coconut milk makes the perfect base for a creamy shrimp soup. This recipe combines just the right combination of spices like garlic, ginger, and turmeric for a delectably aromatic soup! Plus, with the coconut milk and monk fruit sweetener, it has just the right amount of sweetness. Serve with a salad for lunch or add fresh bread or rice for a totally satisfying supper. Recipe by NOW's Chef Suzy Singh.
- In a pot on medium heat, add sesame oil.
- Add shallots, garlic, ginger, and turmeric and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shallots have softened.
- Pour in rehydrated coconut milk, monk fruit sweetener, tamarind, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Allow soup to reduce by 1/3.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Garnish with lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve warm and enjoy!