NOW has teamed up with power-friends Lottie Bildirici, athlete and creator of Running on Veggies and Active Kitchen, and Brianne Theisen-Eaton, Olympic Bronze Medalist and creator of We Are Eaton, to bring you 5 variations of these super-portable, protein-packed snacks on the go. Try them all! See full recipes below: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Orange, Lemon Blueberry, Carrot Cake and Apple Cinnamon.
Power Oat Cups
Base Recipe:Rolled Oats, Organic
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup Date Sugar
2¼ cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease or spray a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Mix all base ingredients together in a large bowl plus the extra ingredients for whatever variation you're making (see below).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, in the freezer for longer.
5 Delicious Variations:
1/4 cup peanut butter
½ cup chocolate chips + more for topping
2 teaspoons orange zest (approx. 1/2 orange)
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
½ cup cranberries
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ cup blueberries
½ cup grated carrots
½ cup raisins
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups pealed and diced apples