Adulteration and sports nutrition
Whether it’s the intentional spiking of nutrition products or the unintentional manufacturing of nutritional supplements with contaminated ingredients, athletes have to find brands they can trust to be consistently free of banned substances and other adulterants.
NOW Sports has always been committed to providing quality products at an affordable price. Our products already undergo extensive internal testing for identity, purity, strength and composition to ensure that what’s on the label is in the bottle, but we have invested in Informed-Sport certification to provide the highest level of assurance for athletes.
The anti-doping experts
With more than 50 years of experience, LGC is an international life sciences measurement and testing company that’s earned a stellar reputation as the world’s leading sports doping control and research laboratory. Starting in 2007, LGC began testing sports supplements and ingredients for reputable manufacturers to help them better serve athletes who use their products; athletes whose careers depend on knowing exactly what they’re putting in their bodies.
LGC is ISO17025 certified and has published numerous research studies exploring the prevalence of prohibited substances in sports nutrition products. Through their Informed-Sport and Informed-Choice programs, LGC currently tests for more than 200 prohibited substances and high-risk ingredients, including:
- Anabolic agents
- Masking agents
Professional, Olympic and collegiate athletes, as well as members of the armed forces, can now take the NOW Sports nutritional supplements they need to be competitive without fear of failing doping tests.
- LGC has 50+ years of anti-doping experience
- The global gold standard in sports nutrition quality control
- Rigorously tested using ISO17025 accredited methods
- LGC’s banned substance testing is 50,000 times more sensitive than GMP regulation testing
- Thorough audit of product labels and manufacturing quality controls
- Every batch/lot is screened for more than 220 compounds listed on prohibited substances lists
- Informed-Sport certification demonstrates the highest level of commitment to quality assurance available in the industry today
- Informed-Choice is the retail version of Informed-Sport where testing is only performed at the retail level; NOW Sports is both Informed-Sport and Informed-Choice certified, so our products are tested at the manufacturing facility and randomly at the retail level
- Elite athletes and members of the armed forces who are required to submit to drug testing can use NOW Sports products with complete confidence
- The Informed-Sports and Informed-Choice logos are a mark of quality assurance targeted at athletes of all levels