A great-tasting natural moisturizer?
Almonds are one of the world’s most popular nuts for snacking, and they’re a tasty and healthy ingredient in many savory dishes. But did you know the oil of the almond is a fantastic natural moisturizer?
Some of the same nutrients that make almonds such a healthy addition to our diet – vitamins A, B, and E, certain phytonutrients, essential fatty acids, and a variety of minerals – make it an effective natural moisturizer and skin protector.
Check out these cosmetic uses for pure almond oil:
- It’s a fantastic emollient – In case you’re not familiar with the term, emollient is just a fancy name for a substance that softens the skin. And almond oil is a world-class emollient that soothes, softens, and moisturizes.
- May help to reduce dark circles – For many of us dark circles under the eyes is not a desirable look. Apply some almond oil before bed and allow it to work overnight for a few weeks. It may also help with dark eyelids, but regardless you’ll be moisturizing and soothing your skin.
- Makes a great natural make-up remover – Almond oil for skin is a light oil that leaves almost no greasy residue, making it an ideal make-up remover, with the added benefit of nourishing and moisturizing your skin.
- Can help you enjoy the sun – A 2007 study in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology suggests that almond oil can help make UV exposure a little easier on the skin.
- It’s an ideal hair care oil – With its high vitamin and essential fatty acid content almond oil is an ideal way to add moisture and shine to dull, dry, undernourished hair.
Don’t rush out to press your own almonds for their outstanding oil – we’ve already done it for you.
NOW® Solutions Sweet Almond Oil is expeller pressed and hexane free, and we also offer organic almond oil for skin, as well as several different sizes. And of course, our almond oil is produced with NOW’s unwavering dedication to quality and purity.