- Organic ancient grain with a sweet and nutty flavor
- Good source of protein and fiber
There are grains, and then there's amaranth. Along with buckwheat and quinoa, amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber.
Living Now® Organic Amaranth is perfect for making gluten-free pasta, but should be combined with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has no gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes.
Watch our Food Trends and Hot Products webinar.
|16 oz.||about 10||6211||733739062116|
Basic Cooking Instructions:
1 cup of Living Now® Organic Amaranth
2 1/2 cups of water
- Rinse organic amaranth thoroughly under cold running water.
- Combine amaranth and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to low and allow amaranth to simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
***Tip: If you would like to turn this mixture into an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
|Serving Size:||1/4 cup (47g)|
|Servings Per Container:||About 10|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
Ingredient: Organic Whole Grain Amaranth.
Certified Organic by QAI.
Packaged in the USA.