- Organic ancient grain with a sweet and nutty flavor
- Good source of protein and fiber
There are grains, and then there's Amaranth. Along with buckwheat and quinoa, Amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber.
Living Now® Organic Amaranth is perfect for making gluten-free pasta, but should be combined with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has no gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes.
Basic Cooking Instructions:
1 cup of Living Now® Organic Amaranth
2 1/2 cups of water
- Rinse Organic Amaranth thoroughly under cold running water.
- Combine Amaranth and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to low and allow Amaranth to simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
***Tip: If you would like to turn this mixture into an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
|Serving Size:||1/4 Cup (47 g)|
|Servings Per Container:||10|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
|Total Fat||3 g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
|Total Sugars||1 g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Amaranth (Non-GMO).
Certified Organic by QAI.