Panna cotta is the Italian term for “cooked cream,” which aptly describes the Italian sweet treat of the same name; a sweet cream with added gelatin for firmness that’s made with a variety of flavors. Matcha panna cotta is a popular version of this classic recipe that utilizes green tea for unique flavor and added phytonutrients. We’ve gone a healthy step further with this Vegan Coconut Matcha Panna Cotta recipe.
- In a pot, combine coconut milk, water, and agar powder and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine organic virgin coconut oil, organic light agave nectar, matcha powder, and french vanilla liquid.
- Bring coconut milk mixture to a low simmer, and whisk in matcha mixture until smooth.
- Pour into single serve dishes and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- If desired, unmold by running a thin knife along the sides of the ramekin to loosen.
- Serve cold and enjoy!