Almond milk has become the go-to beverage for individuals who can’t or don’t want to drink dairy products. With this simple recipe you can make your own homemade chocolate almond milk, which is light-years better than anything you’ll get at the grocery store. Wholesome, natural and fresh! This natural homemade almond milk recipe offers a stellar 11 grams of protein per serving, far exceeding grocery store almond milk, which averages approximately 1 gram per serving.
- Put almonds in a small bowl and add enough water to just cover the almonds; let soak for a full 24 hours.
- Drain the water and rinse almonds with fresh water.
- In a blender combine almonds, water, agave and salt; blend well.
- With a cheese cloth strain the milk into a bowl.
- Whisk in cocoa, refrigerate and enjoy!