We’re taking the simple and versatile crêpe and adding exotic South Seas flavor in this tropical twist recipe. Instead of typical wheat flour we’re using organic coconut flour, and upping the coconut quotient even further with the addition of organic virgin coconut oil. A little tapioca flour, some vanilla extract, and our BetterStevia® Lemon Twist liquid deal the deal!
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour and tapioca flour.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, water, BetterStevia drops, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and pour into coconut flour mixture.
- Combine until the batter has thickened.
- Place 1 teaspon of coconut oil in a pan over medium low heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan, then turn and rotate the pan until the batter spreads to the edges.
- After 1-2 minutes, use a spatula to lift the edge of the crepe.
- If crepe detaches from pan easily, flip and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit or the topping of your choice.