When it comes to natural, deeply penetrating moisture for your skin, it doesn’t get much better than vegetable glycerine.
Also called glycerol and glycerin, pure vegetable glycerine is a water-soluble sugar alcohol that comes from a variety of plant oils, including soy, palm, coconut and corn. And it’s amazing for your skin…
- It’s a humectant – Humectant is just a fancy, scientific term for a substance that keeps things moist. Humectants have hygroscopic properties, which is another technical term for a substance that attracts and retains water.
- It’s gentle and hypoallergenic – Vegetable glycerine is a component of glycerin soap, a life-saver for individuals with very sensitive skin. It keeps skin moist by attracting water both from within the body and the surrounding air, and then helps retain it.
- It can enhance absorption of other cosmetic ingredients – Because of its hygroscopic properties vegetable glycerine can enhance the absorption of other ingredients…
- Which makes it a great massage oil – As a massage oil vegetable glycerine is ideal. It is water soluble so it washes off easily, and it can support the unique properties of other moisturizers and essential oils.
- One of the best skin softeners you’ll find – The lubricating and emollient properties of vegetable glycerine can help soothe and moisturize even the most problematic skin.
NOW® Solutions Pure Vegetable Glycerine is available in three different sizes. With NOW’s dedication to quality and purity, this is one outstanding emollient that belongs in every home.