The toxic life
Over the course of our lives we’re exposed to a myriad of natural and unnatural toxins including smoke, exhaust, dirt, dust, microscopic airborne particles, pesticides, fungicides, germicides, preservatives, additives, heavy metals, and other substances, all of which enter our bodies through our mouth, nose, skin, eyes and ears. Unless you live in a vacuum there’s really no way to avoid lifelong exposure.
Our bodies are equipped with natural detoxification mechanisms to remove these unwanted toxins, with our liver serving as the body’s filter and primary detoxification organ. Just like our other systems, our body’s detoxification processes are dependent on the availability of nutrients and the health of other body systems, so a healthy diet and regular exercise are the best ways to support normal, healthy detoxification processes throughout life.
In addition, there are a number of botanicals and nutrients that can help you safely and naturally support your detoxification systems and flush away the toxins you encounter on a daily basis.* We’ve included many of them in our line of detox supplements.*
- Modified Citrus Pectin – Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) is a patented, low-molecular-weight citrus pectin that binds to and facilitates the excretion of low levels of heavy metals, which typically accumulate from mild environmental exposure.* Because of its low molecular weight MCP can pass through the intestinal barrier and work systemically to support detoxification.* Unlike some other forms of pectin, MCP promotes healthy urinary excretion of heavy metals without altering excretion of other nutritional minerals such as calcium and magnesium.*
- Easy Cleanse™ - Our popular Easy Cleanse™ is a digestive cleansing program developed to naturally support the body’s own detoxification mechanisms, making it easier for the body to eliminate toxins.* By supporting both liver and intestinal function this unique combination of herbal extracts and nutrients serves as a convenient way to help the body rid itself of toxins and encourage a healthy, functional digestive system.*
- Liver Refresh™ – As mentioned earlier, the liver is the central organ of our body’s detoxification processes, and Liver Refresh™ is formulated to support the liver’s role in these important processes.* We’ve combined Milk Thistle Extract with a unique herb/enzyme blend to create a balanced botanical formula for the support of healthy liver function.* We’ve also included other nutrients that support the production of glutathione, a potent free radical scavenger that also plays a critical role in maintaining the body’s normal elimination pathways.* This is an outstanding liver detox supplement.*
- Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal powder, made from coconut shells, has a porous texture that gives it the ability to attract and trap toxins that are typically present in the GI tract and carry them out of the body.* Buy our Activated Charcoal veg capsules to add to your occasional wellness detox to support healthy digestive function and to alleviate gas and bloating.*
- Charcoal Detox Facial System – Our purifying facial care line is made with activated charcoal and superfruit antioxidants to help remove skin impurities. For maximum benefits, wash daily with the Charcoal Detox Gel Cleanser for a deep pore cleansing without over-drying and then once or twice a week, follow with the Charcoal Detox Facial Mask, a deep-cleaning formula that gently exfoliates to remove dulling impurities for improved skin clarity. Every day, use the Charcoal Detox Moisturizer to purify and hydrate skin, helping you achieve a complexion that’s fresh and healthy looking. Get the most out of your facial care products by committing to a daily system – shop the full Charcoal Detox system online now.
NOW® detoxification supplements
NOW detoxification products have been carefully chosen for their purity and efficacy and are intended to naturally support your body’s built-in detoxification systems. We offer formulas for both long-term, comprehensive detoxification in conjunction with dietary changes, as well as gentle, daily formulas that don’t require drastic lifestyle changes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.