What is CoQ10?
If you’re even casually familiar with dietary supplements then you’ve probably heard of CoQ10. Short for coenzyme Q10 and also known as ubiquinone, CoQ10 is a natural, vitamin-like compound produced by the body and found in almost every cell.
CoQ10 participates in the electron transport chain, the process our body uses to create energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate, or ATP. With the greatest part of our energy generated through this process, it’s safe to say that CoQ10 is an important component in the production of cellular energy. Due to this role CoQ10 is most highly concentrated in organs and tissues with the highest energy needs, such as the heart, liver and the brain.
What is CoQ10 good for?
Numerous studies show that CoQ10 benefits a variety of important systems and processes in our body.
- Heart Health – CoQ10 supports normal cardiovascular function due to its role in energy production. Your heart literally could not function without sufficient CoQ10.*
- Overall Health - In fact, generally speaking, you can’t function without CoQ10. It’s needed for cellular energy production and helps maintain stamina, necessary components of a healthy, active lifestyle.*
- Brain & Nervous System Health - Your brain and nervous system also require a lot of energy to help keep you sharp, focused and mentally nimble, and to maintain healthy communication between the brain and other organs and systems.*
- Healthy Aging - It’s also a powerful free radical scavenger that helps protect your cells, tissues and organs from oxidative stress generated by normal metabolic processes. CoQ10 thus helps support healthy aging.*
- Immune System Health – CoQ10 is also an ideal nutrient for the support of a healthy immune system, which has a high demand for readily available energy.*
A CoQ10 supplement can be beneficial for other aspects of health due to its role in energy production, such as supporting muscle recovery after exercise.* With abundant energy it’s easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle based on regular exercise and a healthy diet. CoQ10 truly helps fuel your life.
The NOW® Difference
We offer a comprehensive selection of CoQ10 supplements. We use only pharmaceutical-grade, non-synthetic CoQ10 in all of our formulas, and we carefully screen each and every product for identity, potency, purity and composition.
We offer coenzyme Q10 in softgels, vegetable capsules, and lozenges. We also offer the reduced, more bioavailable form called ubiquinol, a potent free radical fighter with the ability to regenerate antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.