What is Colostrum?
Colostrum is the pre-milk fluid secreted by cows in the first hours after giving birth. It is a nutrient-rich dairy product that supplies immune system factors to young calves to support their immune systems, which are not fully developed.
Where does NOW® Colostrum come from?
Our colostrum is produced from healthy, nutritionally supplemented cows raised in the United States on USDA- and FDA-certified dairy farms. These cattle are fed a scientifically designed diet that contains the proper balance of legumes and grasses, along with minerals and trace minerals, to ensure consistently high-potency colostrum.
- Manufactured according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations.
- Collected within 12 hours of production.
- Humane extraction process does not adversely affect the mother cow or calf.
- Free of synthetic hormones, pesticides and antibiotics.
- Processed using minimal heat to ensure the bioavailability of its nutritional factors.
- Unadulterated to maintain its natural wholeness and nutrition.
We use HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) for the optimal analysis of compounds in each batch of colostrum to ensure efficacy.
Should NOW® Colostrum be kept refrigerated? If I accidentally leave it out for a while, will it still be good?
Colostrum itself does not require refrigeration. If left unrefrigerated, Colostrum will still be effective.