What is Colostrum and where does NOW® Colostrum come from?
Colostrum is the pre-milk fluid secreted by cows in the first hours after birth. It is a nutrient-rich dairy product that supplies immune system factors to young calves to stimulate their immune systems and protect them from infections.
Our "colostrum is produced from healthy, nutritionally-supplemented cows raised in the United States on USDA- and FDA-certified dairy farms. These cattle are carefully fed a scientifically-designed diet that contains the proper balance of legumes and grasses along with minerals and trace minerals to ensure consistently high potency colostrum."
- Manufactured according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Collected within 12 hours of production. The extraction process is humane and does not adversely affect the mother cow or calf. The calf still gets adequate amounts of colostrum from nursing.
- Free of synthetic hormones, pesticides and antibiotics.
- Processed using minimal heat to ensure the bioavailability of its nutritional factors.
- Unadulterated to maintain its natural wholeness and nutrition.
- We use HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) for the optimal analysis of compounds in each batch of colostrum to ensure efficacy.
Should NOW® Colostrum be kept refrigerated? If I accidentally leave it out for a while, will it still be good?
Colostrum itself does not require refrigeration. If left unrefrigerated, Colostrum will still be effective.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.