- Organic ancient grain that makes a great substitute for rice
- Good source of protein and fiber
Living Now™ Organic Quinoa is a good substitute for rice in recipes, and is often used in soups, stews, and casseroles. It has a mild, delicate flavor that's slightly nutty, making it a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes. Sprinkle on your favorite salad for an extra burst of flavor and nutrition!
**Note for 1 cup of Quinoa you will need 2 cups of water or stock
- Place Quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse under cold water.
- Place water or stock into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add Quinoa and turn heat on low.
- Cover the pot and allow for the Quinoa to cook for a minimum of 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- When Quinoa is ready, remove from saucepan and fluff with fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Serving Size:||1/4 Cup (46 g)|
|Servings Per Container:||about 10|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||12%|
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Quinoa.
Living Now is more than just a brand of great-tasting gluten-free foods - it's a way of life for anyone with food sensitivities. This premium line was developed to provide wholesome, healthy foods bursting with flavor and made without gluten and major common allergens including wheat, nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, and shellfish. Living Now is produced in a dedicated, allergy-friendly facility and is non-GMO with no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. With Living Now eating is safe, fun, and satisfying again!
Certified Organic by QAI.
Packaged in the USA.