- Pure Powder
- Vegetarian Substitute for Gelatin
Agar is a naturally gelatinous powder derived from marine red algae. It's the perfect vegetarian substitute for beef gelatin in any food application, and makes an excellent thickener for soups, jellies, ice cream and more.
|2 oz.||About 38||6410||733739064103|
|5 oz.||About 95||6411||733739064110|
Agar can be used as a vegan substitute for gelatin's functional properties.
- In a small pot, place 1/2 teaspoon of NOW Real Food® Agar Powder into 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add desired fruits or vegetables.
- Pour into mold and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
|Serving Size:||1/2 tsp (1.5g)|
|Servings Per Container:||About 38|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium.|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
Ingredients: Agar Powder.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural foods since 1968. Were independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.