This truly comforting seasonal salad is a combination of quinoa, butternut squash and walnuts that’s brought to life with a mouth-watering dressing that includes vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, olive oil, cranberry juice and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a medium pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cover 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss in rosemary and set aside.
- Place cranberry juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- In a large bowl, combine reduced cranberry juice, lemon juice, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Whisk together until uniform.
- Slowly pour olive oil into cranberry mixture while whisking continuously. Once dressing is formed, toss with cooked quinoa, squash, and walnuts.
- Serve and enjoy!