Join the Uproot Kitchen grain party! With texture that is meant to awaken your palette, this goodness packed grain bowl is perfect for lunch meal prep. Serve it as a grain bowl or grain-topped salad, and feel free to play with new toppings or homemade dressing throughout the week to change it up.
- In a pot, combine millet, amaranth, quinoa, water, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then cover it and lower the heat to low so it barely simmers. Cook the mixture for 20 minutes without removing the lid and then turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, begin boiling water to make hard-boiled eggs. Add eggs to cold water, cover the pot, and turn off the heat once it’s boiling, and then set a timer for 9-10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, and toss them with the additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to marinate.
- Thinly slice kale and/or swiss chard into ribbons after removing the stems, and add them to a bowl with the extra ¼ teaspoon salt. Use hands to massage the greens to soften up.
- Slice the carrot into matchsticks and slice the avocado.
- Prepare grain bowls by layering cooked grain mix and massaged greens, and topping each with a hard-boiled egg, marinated chickpeas, carrot sticks, avocado slices, and sunflower seeds. Alternatively, toss together greens, chickpeas, carrots, avocado, and sunflower seeds and serve as a salad bowl with the grains and egg on top.