On her blog, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Tara Rochford shared this delightful take on gingersnap cookies using NOW Real Food® products. The recipe is gluten free, grain free, and paleo friendly. It’s also purposely created to be a crispy, lower FODMAP version of gingersnaps. NOW Real Food® Raw Unsalted Walnuts are the feature of this recipe, which offer a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Great recipe any time of year or for a healthy, holiday cookie exchange!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the walnuts until they are the consistency of flour. Make sure to keep an eye on this so they don’t become walnut butter! Mix the walnut flour with the coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and egg white until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture and add in the molasses. Mix completely.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 10 minutes while the oven preheats. This allows the coconut flour to absorb all of the moisture.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and crack.
- Allow to cool on the pan so they get crispy and then enjoy!