We’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo – well, really dessert all year long – with a twist on the classic Mexican favorite – Churros! Thanks to our friend Ginger Marie, who gave this fan favorite a healthier makeover using Organic Monk Fruit and Organic Liquid Coconut Oil, to create these vegan, crispy, and sweet bites. Ginger Marie Harper at thegingermarieblog.com.
- Combine water, 2½ tablespoons monk fruit, salt and 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat. Add flour and stir to make the dough.
- In another pan, add the quart of coconut oil, until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Form the dough into bite-sized balls, add to pan and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, and cool on paper towel or cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, add ½ cup monk fruit and cinnamon, to form a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Toss the churro bites into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat, and enjoy!