Goldenberries hail from South America and are similar to raisins when dried, but their taste is a remarkable, puckery, sweet-and-sour goodness that complements oatmeal even better than raisins. We think you’ll agree after you try these delicious organic oatmeal and goldenberry cookies.
- Preheat oven to at 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, turbinado sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add 2 large eggs and vanilla extract and mix until you have an even consistency.
- Fold in all dry ingredients, including goldenberries and oats until you have a homogenous mixture.
- Place in freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Form ½ inch balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 30 minutes before serving.