Tonight we’re creating a tasty Thai red curry with a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients using cumin, coriander, white pepper, galangal, Thai chili and more. Then we’re combining it with quinoa, arugula and cilantro, and topping it with lightly crisped kale, to create a salad that pops with flavor, color and fragrance. Everything about this incredible salad appeals to the senses!
Red Thai Curry:
- In a sauté pan on high heat, combine cumin, coriander, and white pepper.
- Roast for 2 minutes. Reserve 1 teaspoon for roasted kale recipe (see below).
- Place remaining roasted spice in blender and add 1 tablespoon galangal, shallot, turbinado, goji juice, 2 tablespoons lemongrass, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon Thai chili, and salt. Blend until fully combined.
- In a medium stock pot, add 1 cup of coconut milk to the blended red curry mixture.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil then take off of heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (325° convection).
- Combine Kale with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon roasted spice mix.
- Place on sheet pan and cook for 10 minutes or until the kale has crisped.
- In medium sauté pan, place 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemongrass, 1 teaspoon Thai chili, and 1 tablespoon galangal.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the aroma of the chili has been released.
- Add quinoa and roast for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil then reduce to low for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, combine Quinoa with red thai curry, arugula, and cilantro.
- Top with roasted kale and serve.