Get that sweet caramel taste without the sugar when you use Sugarless Sugar™ Sugar Replacement for your next popcorn night. We make this delicious caramel-like coating with butter, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and our unique Sugarless Sugar™ natural sweetener.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Once oil is hot, add popcorn to skillet and cover. Shake continuously until all the popcorn is popped. Remove popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Once completely melted, stir in vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place Sugarless Sugar in a separate saucepan over medium high heat. Stir continuously. Sugar will liquefy and then caramelize very quickly.
- Once has turned to a light brown color, gradually pour in the melted butter mixture while whisking vigorously.
- Once all of the butter mixture has been incorporated, and the caramel is thick and smooth, remove from heat and pour over popcorn.
- Using two large kitchen spoons, toss the caramel with the popcorn to coat. Use extreme caution as caramel will be very hot.
- Spread caramel corn on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and allow for caramel corn to harden for 30 minutes and enjoy!