whole grain mustard
4 to 6 pieces
chicken: bone in. skin on
organic low sodium chicken broth
red bell pepper, chopped
carrots, cut into 2'' sticks
fresh parsely, rough chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, and coconut oil. Divide in half.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and pour on half of the honey mustard mixture, stirring to coat. Let it stand at room temperature while you prepare the rice.
- In a small bowl combine rice, 1 teaspoon coconut oil, and season with salt.
- Add to the sheet pan and pour over chicken broth. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and discard.
- Sprinkle rice with onions, garlic, red bell pepper then top with the chicken skin-side up. Roast for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining honey mustard mixture on the carrots and string beans. Toss to coat and add to the tray of chicken and rice and bake for 15 minutes.