Shakshuka (also shakshouka) is a North African breakfast dish that’s widely consumed throughout the Middle East. It typically consists of poached eggs in a tomato sauce with a variety of vegetables, often including onions, peppers and cumin. But be careful! If online reviews are any indication, once you’ve had this for breakfast you may never go back to your old breakfast foods again!
- In a large pan on medium heat place olive oil with onion and red pepper.
- Sauté for two minutes then add pureed tomatoes, sugar, salt, black pepper, coriander, and paprika.
- Cook for an additional five minutes, then add quinoa (uncooked) and stir.
- Crack four eggs 1-inch apart into the pan on low heat, cover, and cook for five minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley, mint leaves, and goat cheese.
- Serve warm with pita bread and enjoy!