This delicious, earthy side dish was made for the holidays but can be enjoyed any time. Your guests (and family!) will take great delight from this palate-pleasing combination of savory Shiitake mushrooms and amaranth, an ancient grain that’s loaded with natural nutrients.
- In a stock pot, combine vegetable stock, amaranth grain, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 sprig of rosemary
- Allow for the mixture to come up to a boil, then cover and place on low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a separate sauté pan, melt coconut oil.
- Add chopped onions, Shitake mushrooms, and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Sauté until the chopped onions have a golden brown color.
- Uncover the amaranth grain and fluff with fork.
- Combine with Shitake mushrooms, onions, chopped parsley, and noni juice.
- Serve warm and enjoy!