If you’re a vegetarian and you’ve never tried a quinoa burger, boy, are you in for a treat! These gluten-free quinoa burgers are teeming with wide variety of fresh, natural ingredients that create a flavor and texture you’ve never experienced before in a burger. Add avocado sauce and kale chips for the ultimate vegetarian burger delight!
- Place grill on low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal with water. Set aside for 2 to3 minutes, or until slightly gelatinous.
- In large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, cooked sticky rice, flour, pepper, olives, basil, spinach, and spices.
- Add flax mixture and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix well.
- Form quinoa mixture into uniform 4 inch patties (approximately 1/3 each).
- Lightly oil both sides of each quinoa burger and place towards the edges of the grill.
- Sear on side 1 for 5 to 10 minutes or until the quinoa burger has firmed. Be careful not to overcook, as the rice may burn.
- Flip and sear on side 2 for 3 to 5 minutes or until the burger has reached desired firmness.
- Serve warm with a creamy avocado sauce and kale chips.