These peppermint brownies are sure to become a staple in your holiday baking arsenal. They’re made with organic monk fruit in lieu of sugar, and other simple ingredients like almond butter and flour, but they taste just as indulgent as any other brownie!
Recipe courtesy of Claire Cary@eatwithclarity
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking tray with two pieces of parchment paper so they each hang over opposite ends.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond butter, NOW monk fruit sweetener, oil, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, making sure to spoon and level the flour and cocoa powder, don’t pack them into the measuring cups.
- The batter will be thick, but mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy canes, reserve the rest for later.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Top with the remaining candy canes, slice into 16 squares & enjoy!