Popcorn is the snack of champions, and every once in a while, a champion craves salty and sweet. When you want to watch your sugar intake but want a sweet snack, look no further than this sugar-free recipe for delectable kettle corn. The recipe uses our 1-to-1 sugar replacement made from organic monk fruit powder to give you all the sweet caramel taste with none of the calorie guilt. Mix it with some butter popcorn and your favorite nuts for a scrumptious snack mix!
- Place sunflower oil in large pot on medium heat. Cover and add 1 kernel in oil and listen for kernel to pop (about 3-4 minutes). Add ¼ cup of popcorn into pot and cover with lid. Shake continuously until all of the popcorn is popped. Remove popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Once melted, stir in vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place organic monk fruit sweetener in a separate pot over low heat. Allow monk fruit sweetener to liquefy.
- Gradually whisk in butter mixture into the sweetener until butter has been incorporated. The caramel should be thick and smooth. You’ve just made caramel!
- Remove caramel from heat and pour directly over popcorn.
- Using two large kitchen spoons, toss the caramel into the popcorn until fully coated. Use caution while mixing as the caramel will be very hot.
- Serve and enjoy!