Your next dinner party will be off to a great start with this healthy and satisfying appetizer. We’re hollowing out ripe cherry tomatoes and stuffing them with hearty ancient grain amaranth and fresh tarragon, with a bit of olive oil, salt and vegetable stock to get the flavor just right.
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place vegetable stock, amaranth, tarragon, and 1 teaspoon salt in small sauce pot on medium heat.
- Allow for mixture to come to a boil, cover, and place heat on low.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, salt, and olive oil.
- Stuff the cherry tomato with the tarragon-amaranth mixture.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cherry tomato has slightly softened.