makes 4 servings
peeled and diced potato (from an 8-ounce russet potato)
cooked black beans, coarsely mashed
finely chopped kale
roasted red bell pepper, finely diced
pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
finely chopped parsley
garlic cloves, chopped
black pepper, freshly ground
- Cook potato in boiling water until fork tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine potato with black beans.
- Combine all of the ingredients together until a homogenous mixture is formed.
- With damp hands, form into patties about 3 ½ inches in diameter and ¾ -inch thick.
- Spray parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Place burger patties on parchment paper-lined baking sheet (2 inches apart).
- Bake 15 minutes, then flip burgers and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
Freezing Veggie Burgers:
- Cool cooked burgers, place them in individual re-sealable plastic bags, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, unwrap the burgers, de-thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 300° F until heated through, 12 to 15 minutes.