Lamingtons are popular coconut cakes from Australia. They’re small cakes drenched in a delicious combination of chocolate and coconut. These Keto-Friendly Lamingtons were developed by our friends at My Sweet Keto. They contain no sugar or refined flour, so give these treats from the Outback a try!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C). Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment and grease with butter.
- Sift the two flours into a medium bowl and mix with salt and baking powder.
- Using a stand electric mixer, beat eggs, powdered sweetener, and vanilla for 5 to 8 minutes until creamy, thick and triple in size.
- While mixing slowly, pour in cooled melted butter and mix gently but thoroughly. Slowly whisk in Greek yogurt and sifted dry flour mixture, interchangeably, in 3 to 4 additions, stirring carefully each time.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges pull away slightly from the pan. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Allow cooling on a baking rack. Put in a freezer for 30 to 60 minutes. Freezing before cutting and coating is very important, otherwise, the bars might fall apart. Cut into 36 squares.
- Place pieces of chocolate, cacao powder, and butter into a heatproof bowl.
- Bring milk to boil and pour over the chocolate. Wait for 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt and stir thoroughly to get uniform chocolate cream.
- Put shredded coconut in a separate bowl. Helping yourself with a pair of forks, dip each bar/square into the chocolate coating, let drain for a couple of seconds, and roll in shredded coconut. Place each coconut bar on a cooling tray to set.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Dip each bar/square in the chocolate coating quickly, otherwise they might start falling apart.
Bring the keto coconut bars (keto Lamingtons) to room temperature before serving.