Do you have a sweet tooth but like to steer clear of too much sugar? Then you will love this adorable recipe for heart-shaped sour gummy candy, featuring monk fruit and agave instead of conventional sugar. With just seven simple ingredients, it’s easy to snack healthy when you have these low sugar beauties on your counter featuring your choice of fruit. Make extra for friends or family! Find more recipes from Ginger Marie Harper at thegingermarieblog.com.
- Blend fruit until smooth.
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat, add fruit, water, lemon juice, and agave nectar; whisk and let simmer.
- Once simmering, gradually add beef gelatin powder and bring back to simmer.
- Scoop off bubbles at top of sauce and remove from heat.
- Pour into heart-shaped gelatin molds (best to place molds on baking sheets for easy handling) and place molds in refrigerator for at least six hours to cool and firm.
- When ready, pop the gummies out of the mold.
- In a separate bowl, mix monk fruit powder with citric acid.
- Roll gummies in powder mixture and enjoy!
Can store gummies in airtight container for up to two weeks.