Sweet-and-sour chicken is an Asian-American favorite, but the typical preparation isn’t the healthiest option. Our chefs knew they could do better, and this Healthy Sweet-and-Sour Chicken with Organic Quinoa is the fruit of their labor.
- Place wok/sauté pan on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 2 dried chilis, ginger, and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, celery rib, onion, and salt. Stir constantly.
- After 2 minutes add chicken and stir.
- After 2 more minutes add ½ cup of water, 2 teaspoons Acai Superfruit Juice, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, and cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of black pepper and cook until only 1/3 cup of liquid remains.
- Place over cooked quinoa, sprinkle 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and serve.