“Buddha bowl” is a contemporary term for a variety of dishes that are made with raw and roasted vegetables, various greens and beans, and a healthy ancient grain such as quinoa or amaranth. Our Happy Buddha Bowl recipe will put a smile on any vegetarian’s face!
- In a small bowl, toss bok choy in one tablespoon rice wine vinegar and set aside.
- Place ⅛ cup peanut butter, ½ tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of agave nectar into your cooked quinoa.
- Place Brussels sprouts in pan or grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until charred.
- Toss with chili powder and one teaspoon of agave nectar and set aside.
- In a blender combine ½ teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon agave nectar, ⅛ cup peanut butter, and mustard and blend for one minute or until fully combined.
- Slowly drizzle in rice bran oil until vinaigrette is formed.
- In a bowl, place peanut-infused quinoa. Add pickled bok choy, grilled Brussels sprouts, sliced avocado, whole enoki mushrooms, and chopped tamari almonds.
- Drizzle soy peanut vinaigrette and enjoy!