If you love light, crispy, deep-fried tempura batter on your favorite meats and vegetables, but can’t handle the gluten, then you’ll love this gluten-free vegetable version. While tempura is typically minimally mixed to avoid activating gluten, our gluten-free version can be blended to a smooth consistency without the lumps.
- Slice vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- Place rice bran oil into a large pot over medium-high heat.
- While oil is heating, whisk together gluten-free all-purpose flour and seltzer water until you have a smooth consistency.
- Once oil has reached 340° F, dip vegetable slices into batter, and use a pair of tongs to transfer coated slices into the hot oil. Flip vegetables after 45 seconds, fry for an additional 30 seconds, and then remove from oil.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice.