As the name implies, an upside cake is baked in a pan like any other cake, but once it’s done the cake is turned upside for serving. We’re giving our gluten-free version of the upside-down cake a mouth-watering topping by adding diced pineapple and papaya soaked in tea and creamed together with coconut sugar and coconut oil. Truly delicious!
- Lightly grease a 9 inch bundt pan.
- Place diced pineapple and papaya in hot brewed tea and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together ¼ cup coconut sugar with 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of prepared pan.
- Strain diced pineapple and papaya and sprinkle into the bundt pan over the sugar mixture and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (325 convection).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together remaining coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- While continuing to mix, pour in the milk.
- Combine with flour mixture until batter is formed.
- Gently fold in Nuts About Berries.
- Pour batter over topping in prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool 5 minutes, then invert cake onto a plate and serve.