The perfect pie requires a stellar crust, which some chefs felt would never be possible with a gluten-free version. We’re happy to prove them wrong with this recipe for a gluten-free pie crust that utilizes our Gluten-Free Baking and Pancake Mix, Sugarless Sugar™, agave nectar, white chia meal and more to achieve pie crust nirvana without the gluten. Combine this crust with our Gluten-Free Berry Rhubarb Pie recipe for phenomenal results!
- In a large bowl, combine Baking & Pancake Mix, Sugarless Sugar™, and salt.
- Add solid coconut oil in small pieces and mix until crumbly dough is formed.
- In a separate small bowl, combine water, chia seed meal, and agave nectar until thick.
- Add chia mixture to dough and mix until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half to 9 x ¼ inch thick. Place one crust in a deep dish pie pan, and reserve the other for a top crust.