We’re ditching the eggs and the gluten for this healthier take on what has become an American classic, the chicken nugget. You’ll still get the crispy, crunchy outer layer thanks to a combination of organic flaxseed meal and finely chopped organic almonds. You’ll never eat fast-food nuggets again!
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make three-step breading system in three large bowls.
a. In bowl 1, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon each of salt, garlic and onion powders.
b. In bowl 2, combine flax seed meal, water, and Ellyndale Coconut Oil; mix until it has an egg-like consistency.
c. In bowl 3, combine chopped almonds, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place 1-inch chicken nugget in bowl 1 until fully coated, drench in bowl 2, and dust the chicken tender with the chopped almonds in bowl 3.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!