- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F convection). Grease and flour one 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine: flour, cocoa, sugar, sea salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In stand mixer using paddle attachment combine rice milk, hot water, vanilla extract, and canola oil.
- Add the dry ingredients until batter is consistent.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the wooden pick inserted is clean.
- Cool for 15 to 20 minutes and finish with berry compote.
- Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liner.
- Fill prepared cupcake cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted is clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and finish with berry compote or frosting.
1 Cupcake (55 g)