Five ingredients is all it takes to whip up these delightful ginger pistachio energy bites from our friends at Uproot Kitchen. Real food bites are the perfect antidote to sugar-filled protein bars. If you are constantly on-the-go or looking for a quick snack after a workout or stressful meeting, look no further than this gingery, nutty energy bites.
- Soak dates in hot water for 20 minutes (if they are dry). Drain and pit before proceeding with the recipe.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine dates and cashews until a ball forms and there are no large chunks of either ingredient.
- Add ½ cup of shelled pistachios, the crystallized ginger, and ground flaxseed to the food processor. Turn it on (for about 30 seconds) or pulse the processor until the ingredients are mostly combined.
- Finely chop the additional ¼ cup shelled pistachios.
- Roll the mixture from the food processor into 18-20 medium sized balls (around 1" in diameter). Roll them in the chopped pistachio mixture and keep refrigerated or frozen until enjoying