For the Pasta & Veggies:
For the Sauce:
This easy-to-make, flavor-packed pasta is a great staple in your weeknight rotation! Get ready to fool your taste buds with Living Now® Organic Quinoa Penne pasta, which has a similar taste and texture to conventional varieties. Recipe courtesy of Claire Cary of eatwithclarity.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a saute pan, add the sliced mushrooms and broccoli with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Saute until the broccoli is fork-tender and mushrooms have softened.
- In a small saucepan, add the minced garlic and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Saute until golden brown. Add the other sauce ingredients and whisk really well until no flour clumps remain.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened and butter has melted, about 5-10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired, adding more salt as needed.
- Combine the pasta, veggies, and sauce, and toss until mixed well. Top with black pepper and enjoy!