Hoo boy, this is one spicy side dish! We’re giving this combination of organic tri-color quinoa and raw almonds some serious pop with the addition of cumin seeds, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- In a pot place olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add minced garlic and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock, curry powder, kosher salt, cayenne pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the tri-color quinoa, cover the pot, and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed the stock.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the almonds in a separate pan over high heat.
- Continuously move the sauté pan to toast the almonds for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork, and sprinkle toasted almonds.
- Serve warm and enjoy!