Tonight’s Cornish hen will change the way you think about poultry with an incredible rub that combines our Monk Fruit 1 to 1 sugar replacement with salt, pepper, rosemary, cinnamon and nutmeg. This same rub combines with vegetable stock to create a fragrant and flavorful pan gravy that perfectly complements this succulent dish.
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup olive oil, Monk Fruit 1 to 1, salt, pepper, rosemary, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Rub Cornish hen with Monk Fruit 1 to mixture until evenly coated.
- In a roasting pan, place vegetable stock on bottom and Cornish hen on top of roasting rack. Cover roasting rack with aluminum foil and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Take aluminum foil off of roasting pan and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow Cornish Hen to rest for 5 to10 minutes. Reserve pan drippings for sauce.
- In sauté pan, place ¼ cup oil on medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook until brown color is formed. Pour in pan drippings and whisk until gravy has thickened.
- Serve with Cornish hen and enjoy!