A sweet, vegan muffin is a great on-the-go treat! This recipe from our friend at Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes combines shredded coconut, vegan mini chocolate chips, and walnuts for a wholesome snack at any time of the day. Make a big batch on Sundays and your weekday morning will be that much sweeter for it!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, date sugar, coconut, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ground flax, water, and nondairy milk. Add coconut oil and wet mixture to the dry – then stir until well mixed.
- Add mini chips and walnuts – then mix in.
- Using a tablespoon scoop or ice cream scoop, fill the wells of the muffin tin, just about to the top.
- Bake 18-21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tin on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.