When you need a little flavor of the South Seas to perk up your next breakfast, this tropical oatmeal recipe is just the thing. We’ve combined pineapple and papaya with oat bran and topped it with toasted coconut flakes and almond slices for some serious flavor and a nice, complex texture.
- In a medium-size pot, place 5 cups of water on medium-low heat.
- Add diced pineapple and papaya.
- Once the water has come up to a soft boil, add Oat Bran and stir.
- While the Oat Bran is cooking, place the shredded coconut flakes and sliced almonds into a medium sauté pan on medium-low heat.
- Toast for 2 minutes or until you smell a nice nutty flavor and reserve into a bowl.
- Once the Oat Bran starts to congeal, add the Organic Maple Syrup.
- Once the Oat Bran has cooked (only 10 minutes), place into serving bowl and top with toasted coconut and almonds.