Ancient grain amaranth joins forces with tart and tangy red beets and organic arugula to create a supremely satisfying salad that includes raw walnuts, goat cheese, and a perfectly paired Goji Coconut Dressing that brings it all together.
Amaranth & Beet Salad:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Place 2 ½ cups of vegetable stock in a small pot with and 1 cup of Amaranth over medium heat.
- Allow for the mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover for 15 to20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and allow for the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Fluff amaranth with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine beets, sea salt, and oil.
- Pour beet mixture onto a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Roast for 8 to10 minutes or until the beets have softened.
- Set aside and allow for beets to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together amaranth, beets, walnuts, arugula, and goat cheese