Quality control at NOW
Quality Control staff members at NOW have many responsibilities, but everything they do contributes to the quality of the end product, which is the main objective of quality control. This task, however, is not a simple one, because it entails an incredible number of inspections, checks and reviews before a product can be offered for sale.
Every person involved in making a product is responsible for making it a quality product. Quality departments, such as Quality Control (QC) or Quality Assurance (QA) cannot inspect quality into the product. The Quality Departments exist as an audit function within the manufacturing and packaging areas.
- Approve or reject all procedures, specifications, methods, and results
- Approve or reject all raw materials, packaging materials, labeling and finished products
- Review all production records for accuracy and completeness before approving for distribution
- Establish procedures for revising procedures, formulas, and more
- Approve changes to procedures, formulas, and more
- Ensure that the latest revision is being used at all times
- Perform all the required tests to ensure identity, purity, potency and composition, and to ensure that products are not contaminated or adulterated
NOW Quality staff is also involved in:
- Investigation of consumer complaints
- Evaluation of new vendors/materials
- Internal audits to verify compliance to regulations
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and regulatory agencies
Safeguarding quality is a team effort
Most supplement manufacturing plants produce hundreds or thousands of bottles daily. Due to volume, quality control staff cannot inspect every bottle of every product made. This is where scientific sampling comes into play. It’s crucial to have trained individuals at each step of the process. Producing quality products is a team effort requiring the support of the line operators, cleaning and changeover crews, and manufacturing/packaging management.
From start to finish, NOW’s Quality Control Department works to maintain the highest possible standards when it comes to quality control.