In 2007 the Council for Responsible Nutrition conducted a study to ascertain the prevalence of supplement use among health care practitioners, primarily doctors and nurses.
They found that more than 79 percent of doctors and 82 percent of nurses recommended the use of supplements to their patients. The same study found that 72 percent of the doctors and 89 percent of the nurses used supplements themselves. Furthermore, 72 percent of physicians and 88 percent of nurses said it was a good idea for patients to take a multivitamin.
Even practitioners who didn’t take supplements themselves recognized that their patients may benefit from multivitamins and other supplements.
While the diet is the ideal source of nutrition, a huge percentage of Americans subsist on fast and processed foods that are lacking in nutritive value. More and more studies are showing that the highly processed “foods” we eat today aren’t really foods at all.
More than ever before, modern society needs supplemental vitamins and minerals to maintain good health, and to keep healthcare costs in check. Multivitamins make sense both financially and holistically. This is why NOW offers a variety of multivitamin formulas to fit any lifestyle. Multivitamins are the most convenient and effective means of obtaining recommended daily levels of the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients overwhelmingly recommended by healthcare practitioners.
- Liquid Multivitamins - NOW® Liquid Multivitamin (Wild Berry and Tropical Orange) products are well-suited to support the daily nutritional needs of most individuals. With potencies of key vitamins and minerals at dosages recommended by health experts and supported by research, our highly bioavailable liquid formulations are a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. Our Liquid Multivitamin & Mineral formulas are stabilized with rice protein and sweetened with just the right amount of xylitol. Available in Berry and Orange flavors, these outstanding liquid multis offer high potency, rapid absorption and added phytonutrients.
- Children’s Multivitamin – In addition to our popular kids supplements such as Kid-Cal™, OralBiotic™ and BerryDophilus™, we also offer Kid Vits™, a children’s multivitamin with nutrients and dosages recommended by healthcare providers and supported by research.
- Women’s Multivitamin – EVE™ (veg capsules, softgels and tablets) was created to provide women with a natural alternative to mass-market multiples and formulas with synthetic ingredients and questionable additives. Years after its introduction, EVE™ is still the industry’s premier women’s multivitamin.
- Prenatal Multivitamin - Pre-Natal Gels + DHA are formulated with the essential nutrients needed by both an expectant mother and her unborn child, at levels recommended by healthcare providers and supported by research. This is one of the first formulas to incorporate 250 mg DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an essential fatty acid shown in clinical trials to be necessary for healthy brain and eye development in the fetus.*
- Men’s Multivitamin – ADAM™ (veg capsules, softgels and tablets) is specially formulated with the nutrients men need to promote overall health and well-being. We’ve included specialized ingredients such as Saw Palmetto and Lycopene to support prostate health, as well as free radical scavengers such as Alpha Lipoic Acid and natural trans-Resveratrol to support normal aging.*
- Men’s Extreme Sports Multi – Men who push their bodies and their endurance to the limit every day have unique and specialized nutritional needs that most of today’s multiples just aren’t equipped to handle. Formulated with nutrients not typically found in most multiples, such as ZMA®, MCT Oil, Tribulus, and more, our Men’s Extreme Sports Multi is well equipped to keep even the most intense and active males fueled and ready for their next limit-pushing endeavor.*
The NOW® Difference
Since 1968 NOW has been empowering people to lead healthier lives with our award-winning dietary supplements and natural products. We know you have a lot of brands to choose from when it comes to dietary supplements.
When you choose NOW you’re choosing one of the industry’s oldest and most established manufacturers. We’ve fostered long-standing relations with the world’s top ingredient suppliers, and we source only premium quality ingredients for all NOW products, including our multivitamin supplements.
With our state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory facilities and more than 100 experts focused on ensuring our products meet our industry-leading commitment to quality, you can trust NOW for all your multivitamin needs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.